Thursday, November 18, 2010

Monday Nov. 15th-LONDON

This morning the alarm went off and I couldn't move.

Could. Not. Move.

The big fluffy bed I laid in was bought for Dave and me when we visited in April, sooooo, technically speaking, isn't it part mine (go with me here), and no part of me was ready to part with it.

With all the exertion I could muscle I pushed myself into moving.

By 7:45 Cecelia and I were out the door.  I begged her not to go with me to the airport, but rather to stay home and take care of Chris, it was his 50th birthday, and when you get to that age every minute counts, you know?  She wasn't having it.

So after a teary goodbye to Chris,  we ushered each other out the door.

We rode the tube with two of Cecelia's friends nearly all the way to Heathrow.  Once we arrived it was just us.  Oh my, the prolonged goodbye's hurt.

We made it to security and both our eyes were brimming.   I tried to suck-it-up, but it was useless.  It pushed me over the edge when going through the security line she yelled "love ya my littl' darling!"  Could she have been crueler!?  To say I had to breathe deep would be the least of it. My heart felt sick. When will I see her again?  Months?  Years?

That girl is a soul changer.  I have learned so, so much from her.

Once I had my tear fit I was on my way.

The plane boarded and I found my window seat.  Dave had gone through the seating and had moved me around so I could, hopefully, be in a row alone.

Bingo.  I had my own row.

Not to say I was tired or anything, but I woke up when my head whapped into the window, and we were still waiting to take off.

The views were amazing the entire ride. Well, what I saw in-between my 3 naps anyways.

Nine hours later we arrived in Atlanta, and, as much as I enjoyed my travels, GOD BLESS AMERICA!

On the Atlanta to SLC flight the plane was packed.  The gal that sat by me was a young blonde whom I had to do a double take of to make sure she was wearing pants.  They were that short.


I made all my assumptions of who she was as she talked on her cell phone (before take-off), played on it, listened to music, and glanced magazines.

I kept my nose in my book not giving her a second glance. Then, I thought about how Cecelia would act in my place.  She would have made a great friend by now while I was busy judging her.

So, I offered her the blanket that was stashed in the bottom of my bag.  Surely her super-tan legs were cold?  She did not take my blanket, but we did start talking.  She is actually a recent church convert that is attending  UVSC and has a BYU boyfriend.  She is working on her nursing degree and works at the hospital.

Quite a different person that I had assumed!

When we exited the plane  several people saw how short her shorts were and laughed.  She noticed.  I felt so bad that she just didn't know that people around here don't wear things like that (especially in November!) and that she had been judged just the way I had judged her.

It was now 9:15 Utah time, 3:15 A.M. London time.  My head was swimming.   All I had to do was get to Dave, and I would finally be able to rest.

When I finally reached him I gave him a Hollywood Mormon Hug Scene (risque, huh?) He tried to get out of my hug 3 times, but I wasn't having it.  I was sooo tired and had traveled around the world to see him, and dog-gone-it, I was going to get a long hug out of him!

On the drive home I was very, very thankful for him driving.  I could not see straight through the exhaustion to save my life.

Once home my mom-in-law was relieved of house sitting (thanks Marilyn!) I snuck into each of our kiddies room and kissed their sweet cheeks .


There is no place like home!