Monday, November 1, 2010

October by the Numbers

My time is up.

Dave has informed/insisted/chastised me for not blogging.

Didn't realize that I had to blog.

Now I know.

So, October:

#1) I switched Trent out of his crib to a big-boy-bed for no reason.  Emphasize, NO REASON.  Maybe subliminally I just wanted to mess with Dave?  We expected a night terrorizing, refusing to sleep, banging on our door all night long, 2-year old.

Guess what.  Out of our 4 kids, we finally got a good one.  Little dude runs to his bed at sleepy times, and stays there, as in, does not get out of his bed until we get him out.  Modern day miracle, no?

#2) While out running I fell for the 1st time.  About 1/4 mile from our house, on flat ground, with nothing around, I tripped on my own feet and crashed.  My left ankle, ahem, H  U  R  T!  I pulled myself to the curb, because walking was not an option, and did the whimpering call thing to Dave.  Whimpers = pick me up! He now has another pathetic phone call from me to imitate for the next 10 years.

Extra Bonus:  Had a sweet looking (and painful) cankle for 3 weeks.

#3) Made the girls matching Halloween witch skirts.   Adorable on the hanger and pathetic when worn.  That mess= Mommy at the store at 6:00 A.M. searching for new Witch skirts for the school costume parade.  Saving $10 cost $20.

#4) Cut down dead tree in front yard when Dave was gone.  Don't care who saw me sawing it like a logger.  It needed to be done.

#5)  Lone Peak Football season finally ended.  Without practices and games, Alex and Dave now have about 9 extra hours a week to cut down dead trees for me.

#6)  Had a mouse in the garage eating our bird seed.  A mouse in the garage = every neighbor hood cat in our garage after him.  His 3 week hiding period ended when he hid in a basket that I conveniently carried inside.  Before being caught, we all perfected our squealing and mouse-in-the-house dances.

#7)  Went to Las Vegas for UEA.  It was Dave's brilliant idea, not mine.  It was a tiff.  He won.  And, it turned out wonderful.  We rode bikes through old train tunnels, hiked Red Rock, pet a live snake, swam, swam, swam, had a BBQ, went to the Henderson carnival, and got kissed by Wayne Newton.

Thanks Dave.

#8) Went Trick-or-treating with 4 kids, and out of the kindness of my heart (and the candy I knew they would share in their bags), I brought all 4 home.  Six words sum it up, wagons are for riding, not fighting.

#9) Dave lost his mind.  Saturday evening, October 30th Dave ran to the store.  He came back 30 mins. later and banned me from the kitchen.  Next thing I knew he and the kids pulled out a pile of cupcakes, a card, and a small bookish gift.

An early birthday surprise!

Dave cashed in nearly the rest of his hard-earned airline miles and bought me a ticket to London.  Alone.
He even contacted Cecelia and got my "room" reserved.

#10) Sammy turned 9.  We celebrated at Corn Belly's by making the kids cry in the inflatable monster, burying  them in corn kernels, and bouncing ourselves silly on the ground balloons (?).  We love you Cornbelly's!

Dave.  Am I off the blogging hook now?