Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dave's Surprise

(Goggles and babies, does life get better?)

A month? Really? It's been a month since I last posted anything. Seriously hate when that happens.

It was about a month ago that our neighbor lost her fight with leukemia. It brought up a lot of emotions in all of us. Especially Dave.

On our way home from the funeral (just Dave and I attended) he pulled into the kids school. He told me to check the kids out for the day. I figured he was wanting to be together, you know, one of those mushy, sick, we are together forever moments.

He promised a surprise, so I obliged.

Once we were all gathered he threw out the word "McDonalds" and the cheering began. Side note: Aren't chicken nuggets yummy?

We flew down the hill and found a comfy booth where we could dip ourselves in ranch dressing.

Thinking that McDonalds and a school-free afternoon were the surprise, I was unprepared, and nearly choked on my nugget, when he threw the words "Disneyland," "Las Vegas," "leaving next week," and "9 days" into the air.

So there it was. I packed. He drove. We did.










Highlights/Low lights of the trip:


No one threw up.
Lost 2 pairs of Trents shoes
Owe my soul to Redbox for making the ride bearable.
Was spoiled by sis/bro-in-law (she fed us more nuggets AND she has a pool).
Got to enjoy Monte Carlo pools. (Except Trent. He insisted on screaming because . . . actually, don't know WHY!)
Hoover Dam in 110 degree weather with 4 kids is not to be missed. (Plus the kids learned hands-on what heat exhaustion is!)
Stayed at Disneyland from open to close.
Ate approximately 28 Disney Chocolate Chip cookies myself.
Gathered some fantastic seashells which we conveniently left behind.
Hit up a Trader Joe's for some cute red beach totes.
Fell in love with America's Got Talent.
Trent sleeping in the stroller.
For Dave: THE BINKY THROW.
Smuggling McDonalds fries into Disneyland.
My first ride on Star tours.
The sliding Ferris Wheel at California Adventure. Four words: SO SICK. NEVER AGAIN.
Trents skippity skippity run.
Thinking of my Dad in Pirates. No one sings YO HO, YO HO quite like him.
Abby being pulled into the Disney parade to dance.
Staying up late watching You-Tube videos. Jim Gaffigan never gets old.
Trent throwing up his arms and squealing "whee!" at every roller coaster.

Good surprise Dave. Good surprise :)